To better help serve our community with any questions concerning Trash Collection and Recycling, we have provided the guidelines below, along with a link to our services provider, Texas Pride Disposal for your convenience . If you have questions or concerns regarding trash collections, starting and stopping services, Recycling, or any other related issues, we encourage you to reach out to Texas Pride Disposal via the link provided below.
Follow the collection guidelines below to ensure your waste is collected safely and efficiently each service.
- Service Days:
- Trash: Tuesday & Friday
- Recycle: Tuesday
- Observed holidays are New Year’s Day and Christmas Day. Service will roll to the next scheduled collection day when regular service falls on an observed holiday.
- Trash: Residents provide their own trash cans or bags. Trash cans between 20 and 95-gallons in size are allowed. Cans and bags should be under 50 pounds.
- Recycle: Each home is provided with one 65-gallon recycle cart. Residents may use containers clearly labeled RECYCLE for excess recycle.
- Service Notifications
- Click here to enroll in service notifications.
- Service will occur between 6:30 am and 7:00 pm.
- Place recycle in the bin provided by Texas Pride Disposal, old recycle bins, or containers clearly labeled RECYCLE.
- Recycle should be curbside by 6:30 am.
- NEVER PLACE RECYCLE IN PLASTIC BAGS. Recycle placed in plastic bags is not opened or separated. It is simply removed from the stream and sent to the landfill as contamination.
- Do not place plastic bags or Sytrofoam in the recycle bin.
- Acceptable recyclable items include clean paper, cardboard, paperboard, plastic bottles and jugs, glass bottles and jars, and aluminum and tin cans. For a full list of acceptable recyclable material, please click here.
- Household Garbage:
- Garbage should be ready for collection no later than 6:30 am.
- Garbage should be placed between garage and curb in a location CLEARLY visible from the curb.
- We recommend bagging your waste in plastic bags before placing it in your cans. This allows for quicker service and maintains a cleaner container.
- Heavy Trash:
- Two heavy items collected curbside EVERY service day.
- Heavy trash/bulk waste includes waste that is not generated on a regular basis, including:
- Furniture (couch, table, mattress, box spring, desk, dresser, etc.)
- Appliances (washer, dryer, dishwasher, etc.)
- Hot Water Heaters
- Fencing/Decking/Siding (please remove nails, cut into lengths 4′ or less, and tie and bundle under 50 pounds, limit eight bundles per service day)
- Trampolines (broken down, please place metal with recycling if possible)
- Basketball goals (broken down into sections 4′ or shorter, no concrete in base or poles)
- Carpeting/Flooring (please cut into lengths 4′ or shorter and tie and bundle under 50 pounds, limit eight bundles per service day)
- Yard Waste
- Yard waste is collected curbside only.
- Place grass clippings in cans or bags under 50 pounds.
- Limit 10 bags/bundles per collection.
- Branches should be placed in CLEAR, INDIVIDUAL piles measuring no larger than 3′ x 3′ x 3′, or tied and bundled under 50 pounds.
If you have a larger than usual amount of household waste, bulk, or yard waste, contact us in advance and we can provide you with a quote for disposal or direct you to resources that can properly assist with your disposal needs.
Items Not Accepted for Regular Collection in Fort Bend MUD 81
The following items can be collected for a negotiated price. Please contact Texas Pride Disposal to have a representative provide you a quote for collection services.